GNU Herds - Virginia
Open-Source, free-software and GNU developers make up some of the most professional people in software today, being well known for their advanced skills, devotion and the pride they take in the quality of their work.
This section of the GNU Herds website is dedicated to assisting members of the free-software community in finding and securing jobs in the industry in Virginia. GNU Herds is a not-for-profit website for contributors to the Free Software movement. We believe that GNU developers and software engineers have the skills, resources and mindset to make a difference at companies worldwide.
- If you have managed to gain experience in the free software field but feel that you would benefit from training and experience in other areas, this link lists Training Programs, Services & Courses in Virginia.
- Volunteer Work can be an excellent way to both add experience and credibility to your Resume while also contributing to good causes and charities in a way that can really make a difference. Many Charities and Non-Profit organizations now use Open Source software and have been benefitting from the way free software such as GNU ensure the funds they raise can be used where they are really needed. Click here for a selection of opportunities for Volunteer Work in Virginia.
- Good starting points when looking for work can be Job Ads or getting assistance from a recruitment agency. There are also a variety of employment and staffing agencies located in Virginia.
- If you are looking for some advice and information on how to progress to the next level or you'd like to move to another career altogether it's a good idea to look up a Career Management specialist.
- There are also specialists who can help with securing jobs for the disabled in Virginia, some of whom may have had experience in helping to place highly skilled software experts in the past.