GNU Herds - South Dakota
We believe that GNU developers and software engineers have the skills, resources and mindset to make a difference at companies worldwide. Open-Source, free-software and GNU developers make up some of the most professional people in software today, being well known for their advanced skills, devotion and the pride they take in the quality of their work.
This section of the GNU Herds website is dedicated to assisting members of the free-software community in finding and securing jobs in the industry in South Dakota. GNU Herds is a not-for-profit website for contributors to the Free Software movement.
- Many Charities and Non-Profit organizations now use Open Source software and have been benefitting from the way free software such as GNU ensure the funds they raise can be used where they are really needed. Volunteer Work can be an excellent way to both add experience and credibility to your Resume while also contributing to good causes and charities in a way that can really make a difference.
- Job searches can be challenging, even for highly trained and experienced software engineers, programmers and technical managers. Good starting points can be Job Ads or getting assistance from a recruitment consultant. There are also a variety of employment and staffing agencies based in South Dakota.
- If you are looking for some advice and information on how to progress to the next level or you'd like to move to another career altogether it's a good idea to look up experts in Career Management.
- If you have managed to gain experience in the free software field but feel that you would benefit from training and experience in other areas, this link lists Training Services & Courses in South Dakota.
- There are also specialists who assist with disability friendly jobs in South Dakota, some of whom may have had experience in helping to place highly skilled software experts in the past.