GNU Herds - Rhode Island
GNU Herds is a not-for-profit website for contributors to the Free Software movement. We believe that GNU developers and software engineers have the skills, resources and mindset to make a difference at companies worldwide.
This section of the GNU Herds website is dedicated to assisting members of the free-software community in finding and securing jobs in the industry in Rhode Island. Open-Source, free-software and GNU developers make up some of the most professional people in software today, being well known for their advanced skills, devotion and the pride they take in the quality of their work.
- If you have managed to gain experience in the free software field but feel that you would benefit from training and experience in other areas, this link lists Training Courses and Services in Rhode Island.
- Volunteer Work can be an excellent way to both add experience and credibility to your Resume while also contributing to good causes and charities in a way that can really make a difference. Many Charities and Non-Profit organizations now use Open Source software and have been benefitting from the way free software such as GNU ensure the funds they raise can be used where they are really needed.
- Finding a Job can be challenging, even for highly trained and experienced software engineers, programmers and technical managers. Good starting points can be Job Ads or getting assistance from a staffing agency. There are also a variety of Rhode Island based employment and recruitment agencies.
- If you feel your career has come to a standstill and you'd like to give it a reboot it might be worth talking to Career Management experts.
- There are also specialists who can help with finding work for the disabled in Rhode Island, helping disabled workers in all industries, including software development, to find suitable positions and pursue their career ambitions.