GNU Herds - Oregon
Open-Source, free-software and GNU developers make up some of the most professional people in software today, being well known for their advanced skills, devotion and the pride they take in the quality of their work. We believe that GNU developers and software engineers have the skills, resources and mindset to make a difference at companies worldwide.
This section of the GNU Herds website is dedicated to assisting members of the free-software community in finding and securing jobs in the industry in Oregon. GNU Herds is a not-for-profit website for contributors to the Free Software movement.
- Many Charities and Non-Profit organizations now use Open Source software and have been benefitting from the way free software such as GNU ensure the funds they raise can be used where they are really needed. If you'd like to do what you love while helping others at the same time why not volunteer. Help someone else while having a great time!
- Job searches can be challenging, even for highly trained and experienced software engineers, programmers and technical managers. Looking through Job Ads or getting assistance from a recruitment agency can be a good place to start. There are also a variety of Oregon based staffing and employment agencies.
- If you feel your career has come to a standstill and you'd like to give it a reboot it might be worth talking to a Career Management specialist.
- If you are looking to update your qualifications or just want to stay at the top of your game, this link lists Training Services and Programs in Oregon.
- There are also agencies that help with finding disability friendly jobs in Oregon, helping disabled workers in all industries, including software development, to find suitable positions and pursue their career ambitions.