GNU Herds - Mississippi
We believe that GNU developers and software engineers have the skills, resources and mindset to make a difference at companies worldwide. Open-Source, free-software and GNU developers make up some of the most professional people in software today, being well known for their advanced skills, devotion and the pride they take in the quality of their work.
This section of the GNU Herds website is dedicated to assisting members of the free-software community in finding and securing jobs in the industry in Mississippi. GNU Herds is a not-for-profit website for contributors to the Free Software movement.
- Job searches can be challenging, even for highly trained and experienced software engineers, programmers and technical managers. There are a variety of Mississippi based employment and staffing agencies. Good starting points can be Job Ads or getting assistance from a recruitment agency.
- If you are concerned that the education section of your resume is a bit out of date, this link lists Training Services and Programs in Mississippi.
- If you are searching for a more senior position or feel that you would benefit from attention that is more specific to your requirements, you could consider contacting Career Management experts.
- Volunteer Work can be an excellent way to both add experience and credibility to your Resume while also contributing to good causes and charities in a way that can really make a difference. Many Charities and Non-Profit organizations now use Open Source software and have been benefitting from the way free software such as GNU ensure the funds they raise can be used where they are really needed. Click here for a selection of opportunities for Volunteer Jobs in Mississippi.
- There are also specialists who help with finding employment for the disabled in Mississippi, some of whom have a proven track record of successfully placing developers and software engineers regardless of their physical disabilities.