GNU Herds - Indiana
Open-Source, free-software and GNU developers make up some of the most professional people in software today, being well known for their advanced skills, devotion and the pride they take in the quality of their work.
GNU Herds is a not-for-profit website for contributors to the Free Software movement. We believe that GNU developers and software engineers have the skills, resources and mindset to make a difference at companies worldwide.
This section of the GNU Herds website is dedicated to assisting members of the free-software community in finding and securing jobs in the industry in Indiana.
- If you are concerned that the education section of your resume is a bit out of date, this link lists Training Programs, Services & Courses in Indiana.
- If you are searching for a more senior position or feel that you would benefit from attention that is more specific to your requirements, you could consider contacting Career Management specialists.
- Not sure if you have enough experience? Why not volunteer? It's a fantastic way to add to your portfolio and resume, stay at the forefront of the industry and help others. Many Charities and Non-Profit organizations now use Open Source software and have been benefitting from the way free software such as GNU ensure the funds they raise can be used where they are really needed. Click here for a selection of opportunities for Volunteer Work in Indiana.
- A good starting point when conducting a Job Search can be looking through Job Ads or getting assistance from an employment consultant. There are also a variety of Indiana based recruitment and staffing agencies.
- There are also specialists who assist with finding disability friendly jobs, some of whom have a proven track record of successfully placing developers and software engineers regardless of their physical disabilities.