GNU Herds - The District of Columbia
The District of Columbia
GNU Herds is a not-for-profit website for contributors to the Free Software movement. This section of the GNU Herds website is dedicated to assisting members of the free-software community in finding and securing jobs in the industry in The District of Columbia. We believe that GNU developers and software engineers have the skills, resources and mindset to make a difference at companies worldwide.
Open-Source, free-software and GNU developers make up some of the most professional people in software today, being well known for their advanced skills, devotion and the pride they take in the quality of their work.
- If you have managed to gain experience in the free software field but feel that you would benefit from training and experience in other areas, this link lists Training Services & Courses in the District of Columbia.
- Job searches can be challenging, even for highly trained and experienced software engineers, programmers and technical managers. A good place to start can be looking through Job Ads or getting assistance from a recruitment expert. There are also a variety of employment and staffing agencies situated in the District of Columbia.
- If you are looking for some advice and information on how to progress to the next level or you'd like to move to another career altogether it's a good idea to look up specialists in Career Management.
- Many Charities and Non-Profit organizations now use Open Source software and have been benefitting from the way free software such as GNU ensure the funds they raise can be used where they are really needed. What better way to stay at the cutting edge of software development, add to your resume and make the world a better place than volunteering?
- There are also employment agencies that can assist with securing disability friendly jobs in the District of Columbia, some of whom may have had experience in helping to place highly skilled software experts in the past.