GNU Herds - Arkansas
We believe that GNU developers and software engineers have the skills, resources and mindset to make a difference at companies worldwide. Open-Source, free-software and GNU developers make up some of the most professional people in software today, being well known for their advanced skills, devotion and the pride they take in the quality of their work.
This section of the GNU Herds website is dedicated to assisting members of the free-software community in finding and securing jobs in the industry in Arkansas. GNU Herds is a not-for-profit website for contributors to the Free Software movement.
- Software engineers who would like to expand their horizons or simply update their knowledge base, this link lists training courses and programs in Arkansas.
- Not sure if you have enough experience? Why not volunteer? It's a fantastic way to add to your portfolio and resume, stay at the forefront of the industry and help others. Click here for a selection of opportunities for Voluntary Work. Many Charities and Non-Profit organizations now use Open Source software and have been benefitting from the way free software such as GNU ensure the funds they raise can be used where they are really needed.
- Those who are seriously considering moving into another field, or who want to move up to the next level should seek professional advice from experts in Career Management.
- Good starting points can be Job Ads or getting assistance from a recruitment agency. Searching for jobs can be challenging, even for highly trained and experienced software engineers, programmers and technical managers. There are also a variety of Arkansas based employment and staffing agencies.
- There are also specialists who assist with securing positions for the disabled in Arkansas, some of whom are experts in helping software developers with physical disability challenges to find suitable positions.